Inspired by the book 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss, Christina Howard discusses how you can manage your day and week for success. How many times have you felt like time was not enough? How many times have you wished for more time? The thing is that everyone has 24 hours every day to sleep, work, live, and do every other activity. While you might not be able to get more hours, you can manage the time you have more effectively.
Who needs to reset their work week?
Before you go deep into this text, you should know if you are in the right place. What good would it be reading through the entire book only to see that it does not apply to you? To know if you are the target audience for this piece, answer the following questions with a yes or a no.
- Do you want to have a job where you call the shots?
- Do you hate to waste time?
- Are you currently struggling with effective time management?
- Do you want to reach an optimal work-life balance?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, The 4-Hour Work Week is for you!
Eight hours is already gone for sleep, and you probably have another hour or 90 minutes dedicated to your morning routine. With the remaining thirteen hours, what do you do? The trick is to manage your time by setting aside 4 hours each day to make a positive and dramatic change in the direction of your business.
- Use one hour to call your leads
- Use one hour to call your clients
- Use one hour to tackle customer care service
- Use the last hour to call your prospects.
There are four things you must intentionally do weekly to drive your business in the right direction.
- Let God Lead: Here, you need to take time out to meditate. Ask for guidance and leadership on the next steps to take.
- Trade Money for Time: Get a virtual assistant instead of using all your time. Every week dedicate jobs for them to handle so that you can have the time to focus on other things in your business.
- Trade Money for Skills: Don’t compromise for personal development. In every way, get better. When a training program is coming up, join in; if it requires payment – pay!
- Be intentional: Finally, treat every day like you need to impress yourself. Stay intentional!
Manage your time with the 4-hour work week.
People feel like they don’t have a lot of time to get stuff done. But with a great plan and strategy, you can run your business like a boss. All it takes is planning. If you manage your time, you can get where you want in life. It is also the only tool that can bring you that balanced life you seek with work, family, friends, etc. You have the time. Don’t think you don’t.
Don’t trap yourself in the ‘9-to-5’ syndrome. Get into the new rich. The new rich is where you can create the lifestyle that you want. You don’t have to hate your 9-to-5 to build your dream.