5 Actionable Steps to Create Business Systems That Work
It’s important to put yourself first, no matter where you are in life or in your career path. With Thanksgiving around the corner, we need to give ourselves gratitude for everything we’ve achieved throughout the year. Never feel guilty about self care and understand it’s always towards a greater good.
Create business systems to prioritize yourself
Considering how to make the most of your time with your family and loved ones during the holidays, without hampering your business? Put yourself first and set up efficient systems. Systems enable your business to operate as efficiently as a well-oiled machine, streamlining it to be more productive, and eventually more profitable.
Put yourself first: implement smart business systems.
When you are working for an organization, you regularly get performance evaluations and feedback. But as an entrepreneur or a business owner, you have to do that for yourself. You have to show up for yourself the same way you show up for your family, employees, and friends, and that can be truly challenging at times. So, how to put yourself first without feeling guilty?
Here are a few actionable steps that can help:
- Make sure you get 7-9 hours of sleep every night. 35% of all adults in the U.S. report sleeping for less than 7 hours per night on average. With Thanksgiving approaching this week, you have an opportunity to reflect on how you show up for yourself, and getting enough sleep is a big part of that.
- Are you using technology to make your life easier when it comes to you? Don’t just use technology for your business. Make use of technology for yourself as well.
- Stop worrying and take care of yourself without guilt. Pour from the saucer rather than the cup. You don’t want to deplete all your energy in order to serve others.
- Always have people in your circle who can help you when you are struggling mentally or physically.
- Once you perfect your routine, make sure you don’t sacrifice that routine. People sacrifice their routines too easily. It’s hard enough figuring out what strategies work best for you. Once you have found that sweet spot, don’t sacrifice it.
Put yourself first and systemize your business
Our lives are inconsistent. Even when we try to add consistency, unexpected things are always going to happen. The holiday break is an opportunity to ask yourself how you can systemize the process of putting yourself first so you can achieve the things you want to achieve. Indeed, prioritizing yourself without feeling guilty about it can boost your productivity!
- The holiday season is an opportunity to reflect on how you can become better at standing up for yourself.
- If you are not delegating and disconnecting from your emails, you are going to be thinking about your business even while you’re taking a break.
- Sometimes we are so focused on our goal that we are not present in the moment for others.
- Make sure you are sticking to the routines that you have made up for yourself.