Feeling down is part of life. When life drags at you in all directions, it can become easy to succumb to internal conflicts. We are all dealing with something internally. But, when we are feeling down, we need to push through the lows of depression so we don’t fall any lower. Overcoming internal struggle starts with the ability to process our emotions and life experiences.
Remember that it’s okay to need help. Don’t feel ashamed because you need help. When feeling low, you need to understand that needing help does not make you weak.
Things to remember when feeling down:
- If you want to operate in your purpose, you need to separate from things that don’t serve your purpose.
- Understand that you need someone to help you through the difficult times when you are feeling down. Allow them to guide you and give you the tools, but remember, in the end, you must do the work yourself.
- Remember that you need to honor your word and make integrity your baseline. Avoid breaking promises to yourself to avoid feeling low.
- The way you respond to people will affect how they respond to you. Stop dismissing people when they open up to you.
- Strive to be authentically joyful, even amid internal conflict.
- We need to show up for each other, but more importantly, we must show up the right way.
Those who help others with internal struggles also need help.
Those who are constantly there for people also need to vent from time to time. These people sometimes get overwhelmed by other people’s struggles. Be mindful of how you speak to people. You don’t know what the person beside you is going through.
What to remember when you are feeling low.
When feeling down, we must seek the help and guidance of others. Even with help, we cannot allow ourselves to become dependent on others. It is up to us to deal with our internal conflicts and stop feeling low.
We all know what it’s like to not receive help. Make a difference by providing the support you wish you had received. Be the mentor you wish you had when you were going through the storm.