Morning routines are about survival. But many people need help with creating a morning routine or starting a morning routine after they plan it out. To get yourself together, you need to know who you are; to do that, you have to start with a practice in the right direction.
Here are some morning routine ideas and how they can set you up for success.
Start your day without work.
The first thing to focus on when planning morning routines is to concentrate on yourself and give yourself space to think. Start the day without work. It is easy for us to get up and jump right into work. However, we have to separate the spaces so we can be creative. It gets easier as you learn to separate your work from pleasure.
Stay away from electronics. You can add many things to your mornings to set yourself up for optimal performance. Exercise, read, drink water, sit down and plan your day. This way, you are grounded and prepared for the day.
When you start your day with exercise or a healthy meal, you give yourself energy and the best chance of finishing the day strong. You may feel like you are losing time for work, but it is the opposite. By giving 20, 30, or even 60 minutes each morning to your physical health, you are creating a powerhouse of energy to keep you more focused and fueled all day long. Your productivity will increase.
Planning your day.
Writing down your goals is vital in achieving them. When you take a few minutes to plan out the things you need to do each day, you help yourself stay focused on the essential areas of work or life that need to be focused on.
Stop with the fears. Create yourself by taking action. Make planning and goal setting part of morning routines to stay on track all day.
Networking and community in the mornings.
More morning routine ideas for entrepreneurs are to build a community or network first thing in the morning. This should not be considered “work” because you are making a network or community of like-minded individuals with whom you can spend a few minutes each morning to energize your spirit for the work ahead.
Find the community that will support you. Several communities meet in the mornings, or you can build your own. By starting your day with human connection and interaction, even virtual, you open your heart to gratitude and acceptance. When you struggle, your community can help you stay on track, and when they stumble, you can help them in return.
Take baby steps and do something every day to encourage yourself and your community to improve their day by setting their morning routines up for success.
How can you develop an effective morning routine?
Here is one of the ways to do so – Never Hit The Snooze Button!!!
The first being that you need to take note of is to stop hitting the snooze button. The snooze button is a disease that gives you the illusion of more sleep or more rest when it in fact makes you feel worse when you finally wake up. It steals away from your time because you would automatically wake up later than you planned due to REM sleep cycles.
What is the Snooze Button?
Every alarm has a snooze button which adds an extra 5 mins, 8 mins, or 15 minutes to the time it would be set off again. The snooze button is nothing but bad news for your life. It affects your productivity, and while you might think it would help you rest more, it does quite the opposite. Drifting back to sleep increases anxiety, reduces your brain’s functionality, makes you more tired and assists you in wasting precious time.
Scientifically proven, the snooze button sets your brain back to a sleep cycle. Naturally, every human has a sleep cycle of about 75 or 90 minutes. Every night, our brain completes 2 to 4 sleep cycles. Then, after completing these cycles, our brain is naturally ready to wake up and begin work. If you hit the snooze button and close your eye, your brain automatically drifts into another sleep cycle – which is 75 to 90 minutes long. Interrupt that, and you will become unproductive, tired, and stressed.
How to Avoid the Snooze Button
Now that we know you are sabotaging yourself if you snooze your alarm clock, how can you ensure you don’t hit the button – because it is hard not to? Here are three things that can help;
- Keep your phone away from your bedside: If you don’t have your phone or your alarm clock anywhere close to your bed, you won’t be able to snooze.
- Do the 5-second challenge: If you don’t feel like getting up, countdown from 5, and at 1, get up. You won’t feel it, but you have to do it. Just say it to yourself, 5…4…3…2…1, and get up!
- Wash your face or get in the shower: Either you sprinkle cold water on your face, or you shower in cold water; the coolness of the water would send the sleep back to where it came from.
- Finally, know that it is not easy to stop snoozing. But when you start, you will see a drastic change in your life.
How morning routines set you up for success.
Most people don’t get outside of their box. They can’t see beyond it. Life is about perspective and how you see the world. When you start your day with the right morning routine, you can see the world more clearly. There is an entire world out there that allows for a universal connection. That is why these morning routine ideas are vital for becoming more productive in your day.
When you are in the trenches is when you are most challenged. Step back and look at the ridiculousness of the situation you are in. Instead of reacting, take a breath, sit back, laugh, and get perspective. It’s all about life and how it can be amazing.
Push through from thought to action. Determine your plan for how to start a morning routine and start it! Don’t wait until next week. Do it now. If you allow yourself to find clarity in your situations by setting up the right morning routines, you can navigate through challenges easily. Look inside your heart and see where you will push yourself.
Living an extraordinary life through your morning routine
Decide to start a morning routine and build a community around you. The stability of self is what creates strength in a relationship with others. A morning routine is a way to build this stability. How you make other people feel when around tells a lot about you, your attitude, and your energy and two of the effective ways to make yourself and others feel good are:
- You must work out– Get your body moving. Do something physical. Do some form of exercise. If you prefer to go to the gym – please do. If you have your workout equipment in the house with you, that is also great. If you are still skeptical about exercises, just get moving. To make other people feel great about you; you must be proud of yourself. Your lack of pride in your body will affect how you make other people feel. Taking care of the physical helps set the tone for the energy you bring to the table. Working out alleviates anxiety and improves focus and concentration. Exercise promotes the growth of brain cells. Exercise protects your brain from aging and neuro diseases- You can function brilliantly for an extended period and have more impact on others. It’s good if you don’t want to do it for yourself but consider the lives connected to you.
- Send out an encouraging message- Those individuals you haven’t talked to in months or years. This kind of message creates an instinctive impact. It’s 2023, and people are more disconnected than before. You can do something about that. An encouraging text message can be an energy shift in people’s lives. It can be through social media, email, or even a sticky note dropped somewhere they can see. Take the time to compose something they would love to hear and then send it to someone. It is encouraging and uplifting for both parties. You have helped put a smile on someone’s face that day. This message has its own energy and has the ability to infect the readers.
The purpose of a morning routine is to prepare you to be at your best; being at your best helps you make a massive impact. Your morning routine determines what you will make out of your life.
The Power of a Morning Routine
Starting your day off right can make a massive impact on the rest of your life. How you start your day sets the tone for the rest of it. That’s why if you can lock down a powerful morning routine, you will live longer, live better, and love and appreciate your life far beyond your imagination.
But before you think about creating a powerful morning routine, you need to believe that you can be great. Greatness starts with an inner belief that you can be great. You have to believe it for yourself; no one else can believe it for you. Once you have that belief, you must follow it with a powerful morning routine. A routine designed to help you unlock your full potential. It’s not a should, a could, or a would – it’s a must.
Greatness is no more unique to us than breathing. We are all capable of it. It’s a matter of belief and action. To take that first step towards greatness is hard, but what’s a lot harder is when the time expires on life, and you look back and realize you could have been great. You don’t just mistakenly become great at something – you have to believe you can be great and then work at it.
Is your morning routine fueling your greatness? Could you get up a little earlier? Are you looking at your phone first thing in the morning? Are you following the steps? The process? Or are you kind of, sort of, halfway, maybe? It’s time to unlock your greatness, and it all starts in the beginning.
Having a powerful morning routine is essential to unlocking your full potential. It’s not just about getting up early or following a set of steps; it’s about believing in yourself and your ability to be great. So, take a moment to reflect on your current morning routine and ask yourself, is it fueling your greatness? If not, it’s time to make a change and start unlocking your potential today.