“If you want to earn more, learn more. If you want to get more out of the world, you must put more into the world.” William J.H. Boetcker.
We tend to get easily caught up in the details and consequently get bogged down by overthinking, which only makes it difficult for us to push forward in our businesses. But if we let go of focusing so much on the analytics and the fears, we can show up better in our personal lives and ultimately scale our income, scale our funnels, and scale our company, all while living our lives, and we can do so much of that through creating content on the fly.
Learn more, earn more
The number one key to growing social media is the same as that to growing a business: tapping into your customers’ psychology. Think about what would make another human want to watch your video, comment on your video, share your video, save your video, and come back and watch more of your content and videos. A lot of that comes from becoming vulnerable, which is scary and uncomfortable to think about doing on social media, but as humans, we are hardwired for connection. People tend to resonate the most with vulnerable content.
Avoid paralysis by analysis
If you were to go all in on social media, what would be your ideal monthly income five years from now? Now imagine if you were to make this happen in one year. You have to move beyond your brain, beyond what you think is possible, and beyond what your past results have shown you. If you knew that you would hit that five-year goal in one year, think about how much more focused you would be, how much more you would post, and how much less you would care about what other people think. We have so much more power than we realize when we don’t overanalyze.
Conclusion: Learn more, earn more
The best way to get quality is by doing lots and lots of quantity, especially when it comes to short-form videos. Recognize that you will probably bomb about 95% of your videos, but if you keep showing up and keep making the content, over time, you will be able to hone in quicker on the quality and grow your business.
- Ignorance on fire doesn’t mean you’re overthinking; you’re just going beyond the fear and beyond the analytics.
- The holy grail is to create “blue ocean content,” which means it’s unique to you. You record it on your camera roll first and then overlay it in the app with a trending sound, etc.
- If you want to build big and leverage the power of organic social media, then you want to be on all the platforms that matter (YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, etc.).
- Create a broad niche, grow your audience, and then you can create mini niches from there so that when you launch a brand or something in one of your mini niches, your broad audience will follow.
- Learn to tell your story on the fly; prepare to share from wherever you are.