As the year draws to an end, several of us wonder: “How to stop procrastinating right now?” Examine how 2022 went for you and how you handled various events. Did you meet all your goals, or do you still have a few objectives? The key to stopping procrastination is rather simple, yet profound: take action toward your goal.
Take action today; don’t wait for the right time
Consider if you can still fulfill the goals that remain unachieved. Can they still be achieved if you simply take action on them now? If the answer is yes, then you don’t have to wait for the new year to begin working on them. 2023 does not have to start on January 1. It can start tomorrow or right now!
Ask yourself: how often have you waited for the right time to start something and ended up not doing it or delaying it for much longer? Be honest with yourself when answering: “Why would you wait to take action on your goals if that helps you live a life of purpose?”
How to stop procrastinating right now: Declare your purpose and take action
The concept of procrastination can have a negative effect on the way your mind works. When you delay action by one day, your mind may end up convincing you to delay taking action for several more days. It’s up to you to stop this vicious cycle and take action right away to achieve your goals. There’s no reason for you to wait for the right opportunity; start taking action toward your goals now.
Nonetheless, it is not easy to switch your calendar. While everyone is resting and wasting time, it is not easy to resist the temptation to procrastinate and delay action. But when you make up your mind to face this year differently, you will be shocked at how much progress you can make. Make these declarations every day, starting today:
- I declare that I will no longer live in a state of scarcity.
- I am declaring that I will seek purpose in all that I do.
- I am permitting myself to let go of the things that don’t serve me.
- I will start 2023 on my time, my terms, and my way, being inspired by God’s purpose for me.
It is time to start something new or change the order of things. It is time to disrupt the flow. Disruption is the process or act of doing something that changes the way it has been done before. If you continue to do things the way you have always done them, you will continue to get the results you have always gotten. So again, it is time to make a change for a change. Here is a real-life example you can use to motivate yourself into launching disruption.
Stop procrastinating: lean into opportunities to take action now.
Ask yourself the right questions about what you did and didn’t do, about opportunities lost and initiatives missed. Remember that you don’t have to start taking major steps right away. You can use this time to outline what you will do next year.
- Make an action calendar and implement it without excuse. Do a self-check now and complete everything you planned to do in the next month. Yes, people might tell you that you are too fast, but it is your life, and you have full control.
- Do a self-awareness test to determine your weaknesses and strengths for the previous year. Then do the same for the current year to take account of how far you’ve come.
- Don’t underestimate the time it will take; go hard on yourself. You have permission to be great – to be your best self. You have permission to make money. Stop hesitating.
- It is not easy to take action consistently on your journey to success; you might feel isolated and lonely sometimes. Disrupt such thoughts by connecting to your source. Connect with your purpose. Once you find it, continue to take action.