Oftentimes, if you want to keep moving or feel the need for a change, you may find yourself wondering how to reinvent yourself. Are you too comfortable where you are and need to take a step toward bigger things? You need to reinvent yourself if the answer is yes.
Look at the storyline of one of Netflix’s premium TV series, The Crown. The life of Prince Charles, now King Charles, is one example of reinvention that needs to be observed keenly. Like this icon, you might have always known that the change would come. So, you need to prepare yourself for that elevation. Hence, there is a need to learn how to reinvent yourself for bigger achievements.
What is reinvention?
Reinvention is the gradual process of turning yourself into the material that fulfills your purpose. Finding your life’s purpose is inextricably linked to reinventing yourself. The parts of yourself that may require reinvention are your thoughts, words, actions, habits, character, and destiny. This is because your thoughts make up your words; your words make up your actions, and actions make up your habits. Your habits make up your character, and the latter is what builds and shapes your destiny or purpose.
What reinvention is NOT:
Some myths should be removed as fast as lightning. Some of them are;
- Changing who you are. Note that a reinvention is not a change of purpose; the purpose remains constant. However, it is the flushing out of extra baggage or the removal of clutter that allows you to see your purpose more clearly.
- A one-time event: Just because you’ve reinvented yourself twice doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it again. The need to reinvent stems from the need to constantly evolve. You are not as you were years ago, and you won’t be the same in the future. To adapt to your changing self, you need to reinvent yourself.
Reinventing yourself: What does it mean to you?
The reinvention of oneself is different for everyone. To know what it means for you, ask yourself four questions:
- Who am I?
What is my purpose?
- What is my happiness?
- What does success mean to me?
How to reinvent yourself: some useful ideas
Here are some things you should start doing or stop doing to reinvent yourself:
- Start being coachable and teachable.
- Stop being a rock or a mountain. If you cannot be taught, you will be removed.
- Start having conversations with yourself.
- Stop blaming the world.
- Start being accountable to yourself.
- Stop playing it too safe; raise your ask.
- Start visualizing your goals.
- Stop carrying extra baggage. Remove things that are not healthy for you and your purpose.
- Start adding elements that inspire you toward your better self.
- Stop complaining. Instead, take action for a better result.
- Start writing down your goals on paper.
- Stop talking. Get a mentor and listen to what wisdom has to offer.
- Start thinking strictly about yourself.
- Stop holding on to the past, invested or not. Be present in the NOW.
- Start seeking advice from people.
- Stop succumbing to discouragement.
- Start keeping your head up and high.
This is not a trial-and-error zone; you have to be intentional. Reinvention is not about a small change but an intentional transformation of yourself toward your purpose. Ask yourself: What does reinvention look like for you?
- You can’t do too much reinvention if you are not in good health. See the doctor and be intentional about your body. Check your iron, potassium, and other things you wouldn’t check randomly.
- People don’t care that much, so when you see people who care, apply the feedback. Be open-minded to receiving love and care because that is bound to come when you reinvent yourself.
- The concept of reinvention starts with little steps, such as drinking 64 ounces of water every day.
- Don’t go with the flow – that is not your destiny. You have to be intentional about yourself. Choose YOU.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?