Today, the 7th of January 2023, marks the beginning of the new year! How do you plan to show up for yourself this year, following your goals and objectives? If you were hyped about getting started toward your goals and purpose in 2023 but haven’t been able to kickstart anything yet, know that it’s okay to not have everything figured out right at the beginning of the year.
While you shouldn’t let yourself off the hook entirely, you also shouldn’t beat yourself up for not getting started yet. The new year has just begun, and it’s the right time to take a look back at all of the things you might have missed last week so that you can start afresh in the new year tomorrow. Start the right way. Some of the lessons that can help you show up for yourself this year are:
Stay organized to boost your productivity
One of the first actions you can take for getting started is organizing your space. This space could be your home, office, or even your mind. Let go of things that no longer serve you, like unnecessary items and self-limiting beliefs, from your space to make room for more efficient work. If you want to clean your space but don’t know where to begin, use these three steps:
- Create a morning routine. Take care of your spaces while at it. Instead of carelessly leaving your brush on the couch when brushing your hair, keep it back where it belongs.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes. What can you get done in 10 minutes that will make your space a little bit less messy? Do it. Even if it focuses on one thing – laundry, folding the clothes, emptying the waste bin – getting started is crucial.
- Get everyone on board to practice it; don’t do it all alone. Ask others to help. If you can, delegate.
Get an accountability partner.
The next thing you can and should do is get an accountability partner for your goals. You can make plans and want to act on them. When you have an accountability partner, you are more likely to do the things you plan to do. Practice it today.
Stretch or move
Choose to stay active, don’t just seat all day and all year expecting miracles. Get up and get active. Create a workout schedule, be it in the form of skipping, jogging, yoga, taking a walk, or going to the gym. Whatever it is that you can do to stretch your muscles, practice it.
Practice healthy living
Finally, you need to pay attention to how intentional you are about your health. Drink more water and eat healthier than last year. A healthy body and a healthy mind are important for your well-being. Show up for yourself and do things that your body will thank you for. For some of us, this is the right time to cut soda or excess sugar from our diets and observe our food intake every day.
Takeaways: Getting started with 2023 the right way
The way you start your day has a great influence on how you’ll end it. Stay organized.
- The importance of having a morning routine can’t be denied. Create a morning routine if you don’t have one.
- It allows you to stay disciplined and achieve your goals. Whatever it is you don’t have time to do, delegate it to someone else. You don’t have to do it all yourself.
- Make sure that your partner is someone who has a certain level of discipline and has a little control over you and your actions.
- Take 10 minutes out of your day to clean.