December is a month when we typically use the practice of daily reflection. This is the time when we look back on everything we did in a year and make plans for the years to come. It can help us analyze our lives and take accountability and the necessary steps toward fixing any bad or unwanted habits.
December daily reflection: Looking back to take accountability
To change your life, you need to take accountability for your life. Extending blame to other people doesn’t serve you. You can change this by admitting to yourself that you’ve been messing up. Stop trying to hide from that fact. But, you can start over.
Breaking your addiction
There are many different types of addiction and it can present itself in different ways. Some people might be addicted to alcohol while other might be addicted to food. You need to acknowledge the types of addiction you have so you can start working towards making your life better. Accept that you also contributed to the addiction you struggle with. This will help you take accountability for your own mistakes and setbacks.
Five simple tips to help you break your addiction
- Get up in the morning, kneel down, and ask for help. When you wake up in the morning, kneel down and ask God for help. Do this whether you believe in God or not. Remember that faith is a long process. You need to take it slow and allow your faith to build.
- Read something. Read recovery-related books to heal your mind.
- Call somebody in recovery, get outside of yourself and reach out to other people.
- Make it to a meeting every day
- If at the end of the day, you don’t fall back into your addiction then get on your knees and say thank you. You need to be ready to hear the message. Your willingness to hear the message will affect how the message is received.
Takeaway: You can find hope in your daily reflection
No matter how far down the scale you are there is still hope. Don’t forget that you can change your life whenever you want to.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?